July 4, 2015
|It has been over six
months since I entered semi-retirement. I have yet to experience the retirement
part, but that's probably good since I'm not sure I'm ready for full retirement
at this time. I've got most aspects of W4THU RADIO WORKS, LLC organized.
Ive been able to supply a lot of folks with RADIO WORKS antennas,
baluns, Line Isolators and such. Im continually refining the process of
running the RADIO WORK myself instead of having help. I will say that my wife,
Jean, has stepped in and has become essential to getting things more organized.
I admit that there have been growing pains, and I've made some mistakes. It's
hard to change a 30 year old company like the RADIO WORKS, Inc. from a
multi-person operation to what is essentially a mom and pop shop.
The good news is that the two people who built most of the RADIO WORKS'
products are still building them. So, the quality hasn't changed. If you order
a CAROLINA WINDOM®, you get a CAROLINA WINDOM®. You don't get a pitiful
knock off. You get the full performance of the CAROLINA WINDOM®,
SuperLoop, or OCFD MAX. You also get the same quality and long life
you expect from RADIO WORKS products. It is my hope that I can keep these
products available for some time. However, some things will change. Perhaps it
would be better to say things have been fine tuned. I still want
the RADIO WORKS to be a part-time endeavor, and I want to thank all of you who
have been so supportive and encouraging over the past six months and more than
that, over the past thirty years.
My goal is to create a good balance of making RADIO WORKS products available and also having time to enjoy other retirement related projects. Getting more active on the air is one of those projects. To this end some procedural changes are necessary. I'll list them below.
1. All orders must be placed through my web store. That keeps things organized and leaves a permanent paper trail.
2. I can no longer accept foreign orders. There is just too much paperwork involved. Please visit the web site of Waters & Stanton located in the U.K. They carry most of my most popular products.
3. If you have visited the RADIO WORKS web site in the past, you may not get the current web site changes. Be sure to click your "reload" button in your browser to get the current version of the RADIO WORKS' web site. Most browsers will archive previously visited web sites and keep a copy on your computer. If they do, you will get an old version my my site. If you are reading this, you have the lastest version of the RADIO WORKS web site.
There will be other changes designed to improve efficiency, minimize errors and take some of the load off of Jean and me. I really appreciate those of you who have endured the delays with your patience and understanding.
4. I will try to keep the web store inventory as correct as possible. Thus, if you see an out of stock message when you press an add to cart button, that means what it says. The product is simply currently out of stock, but I'll make products listed as out of stock available as soon as they can be built.
5. I want to say something about high shipping charges. The problem is that the first few pounds shipped cost far more per pound than the last few pounds. For example, shipping a single balun or Line Isolator can generate shipping charges that are a large portion of the price of the product. However, shipping an antenna, rope, and other heavy accessories considerably reduces the price per pound. There is nothing I can do about that. Most of the cost for UPS or the Postal Service is in the processing and delivery of the package. That is fixed cost. When the delivery driver brings a package weighing one pound or ten pounds, most of the effort and cost is just getting the package to your door.
CURRENT PRODUCT INDEX
|This is an index of the products currently offered by W4THU RADIO WORKS, LLC. Most of these products will be kept in stock for immediate shipment. The link button will take you to the product page where there will be an "Add to Cart" button.|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 160||Baluns|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 80||B1-2K - 1:1, 2kW balun|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 80 Compact||B1-4K & B1-5K - 1:1, Premium high power baluns|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 40||B4-1.5K - 4:1 voltage balun|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 40 Compact||B4-2K - 4:1 voltage balun|
|SuperLoop® 80||B4-2KX - 4:1 Precision current balun|
|OCFD MAX 80 MAX Off Center Fed Dipole||RemoteBalun - coax to balanced line interface|
|G5RV Plus||Y1-5K - Yagi Balun 1:1, 50 ohms|
|Snap-on Ferrite cores and copper braid||Coax, RG-8X and RG-213|
|T-4+, T-4G+, and T-4-500||Coaxial Jumpers|
|Yagi Choke - Yagi or beam Line Isolator||Coax Seal|
|Rope - Antenna Support Line|
|I can no longer accept foreign ordersVisit the web site of Waters & Stanton in the U.K. They carry many of the RADIO WORKS' products.|
This is the complete 40-page product manual for all of the RADIO WORKS' products prior to the introduction of the CAROLINA WINDOM® Compact and the OCFD MAX. Installation instruction addendum for all newer antennas are also listed in this link. There is antenna installation hints and grounding information. So, you'll want to download this manual. This is an Adobe PDF file and it may downloaded to your desktop and printed, depending on how you have your PDF reader set up.
Trademark and Copyright information.
This link will take you to a list of all the Trademarks used by the RADIO WORKS.
All RADIO WORKS Trademarks, Registered Trademarks and Copyrights are owned by Jim Thompson, W4THU and may not be used without written permission. Use of this intellectual property is subject to legal action and recovery of monetary loss or reputation damage.
The RADIO WORKS or CAROLINA WINDOM® are not generic names.The link will take you to the true CAROLINA WINDOM® story.
The CAROLINA WINDOM® name, configuration, description, performance data, or any other reference is protected by a Registered Trademark and Copyrights owned by Jim Thompson, W4THU. Reference to the CAROLINA WINDOM® in any form, either commercially or personally, is not permitted. You may not use, in any form, the CAROLINA WINDOM® name, description, data or other technical or performance data without specific written permission.