January 18, 2016
|It has been one year
since I announced that I was entering semi-retirement. I have yet to experience
the retirement part, but that will probably change soon. The surprise was that
my plans for just working a couple of days a week have now turned into a
full-time situation. Instead of business falling off, the RADIO WORKS is
doing better than it did in 2015. I'm not complaining. I'm thankful that folks
still want my antennas, baluns, and Line Isolators. To that end, my XYL, Jean,
and I are now putting in all the effort required to get orders out to our
customers in a timely manner. Fortunately, I still have Brad building my
matching units, baluns, and Line Isolators. Judy is still building my antennas.
That means that you don't get a pitiful, poorly made knock off. You get the
full performance of a genuine CAROLINA WINDOM® or SuperLoop.
You also get the same quality and long life you expect from RADIO WORKS
I want to thank all of you who have been so supportive and encouraging over the past year and more than that, over the past thirty one years.
1. All orders must be placed through my web store. I cannot take telephone orders. That keeps things organized and leaves a permanent paper trail. It is also the only efficient way I can handle credit cards.
2. I can no longer accept orders outside of the U.S.A.
First, it is impossible for me to process credit cards with foreign addresses. It's a security issue. I have to have a U.S. five digit zip code for the billing address of the credit card I'm processing when I enter a credit card manually.
3. If you have visited the RADIO WORKS web site in the past and revisit my site , you may not get the current web site changes. Be sure to click the "reload" button in your browser to get the current version of the RADIO WORKS' web site. Most browsers will archive previously visited web sites and keep a copy on your computer. If they do, you may get an old version my my site. If you are reading this news update dated January 18, 2016, you have the latest version of the RADIO WORKS web site.
4. I will try to keep the web store inventory as correct as possible. Thus, if you see an out of stock message when you press an add to cart button, that means what it says. The product is currently out of stock, but I'll make products listed as out of stock available as soon as they can be built.
5. I want to say something about high shipping charges. The problem is that the first few pounds shipped cost far more per pound than the last few pounds. For example, shipping a single balun or Line Isolator can generate shipping charges that are a large portion of the price of the product. However, shipping an antenna, rope, and other heavy accessories considerably reduces the price per pound. There is nothing I can do about that. Most of the cost for UPS or the Postal Service is in the processing and delivery of the package. That is fixed cost. When the delivery driver brings a package weighing one pound or ten pounds, most of the effort and cost is just getting the package to your door.
Some orders take longer for me to process than others. Transit time will usually be 5 or more business days on orders going to the west coast. Please take into account that I'm doing the best I can to get your order to you as quickly as possible, but if you have a critical delivery date, please place your order two or three weeks in advance. Remember, it's just Jean and I processing your orders. There is no "staff" any longer.
There will be other changes designed to improve efficiency, minimize errors and take some of the load off of Jean and me. I really appreciate those of you who have endured the delays with your patience and understanding.
CURRENT PRODUCT INDEX
|This is an index of the products currently offered by W4THU RADIO
WORKS, LLC. Most of these products will be kept in stock for
immediate shipment, though some are Special Orders. The link button will take
you to the product description page. On that page there will be an "Add to
Cart" button should you wish to order that product.
I have added a few products in a list below and am listing available replacement parts.
There will soon be a sale area where I am selling off some old stock items that used to be available in my catalogs. The quantity is limited. As I find them and get them organized, I'll put them on the list. You will get good SALE prices on these items.
I will also be selling some of my personal equipment and parts. I can't promise when I'll have these on my web site, but I'm planning a new shack renovation, so I'll come across lots of goodies I no longer need. Drop by often to see what's new.
I'll try to have some sale items up soon.
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 160||B1-2K - 1:1, 2kW balun|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 160 CompactOnly five CW 160 Compacts are going to be built at this time.||B1-4K & B1-5K - 1:1, Premium high power baluns|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 80|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 80 Compact||B4-1.5K - 4:1 voltage balun|
|B4-2K - 4:1 voltage balun|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 40||B4-2KX - 4:1 Precision current balun|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 40 Plus||RemoteBalun - coax to balanced line interface|
|CAROLINA WINDOM® 40 Compact||Y1-5K - Yagi Balun 1:1, 50 ohms|
|T-4+, T-4G+, and T-4-500|
|Coax, RG-8X and RG-213|
|Antenna Replacement Parts||PL-259 Connectors and UG-176 adapters|
|Coax Seal, Cold Shrink Tape, STUF|
|Rope - Antenna Support Line|
|Snap-on Ferrite cores and copper ground braid|
Allow three weeks for shipment.
Special Baluns listed below are available in limited quantities.
Built when ordered. Allow three weeks for shipment.
WINDOM® 80 Special
Half-size CW 80
|T-6 VHF Line Isolator|
WINDOM® 80 Short
Previously known as the CAROLINA WINDOM® Beam 80
|T-6G VHF Line Isolator|
WINDOM® 40 Short
Previously known as the CAROLINA WINDOM® Beam 40
|B1-1KV 1:1 VHF Balun|
|Replacement parts for CAROLINA WINDOMS® , SuperLoops,
and the G5RV Plus. These parts are made when ordered. There may be a delay of
two or three weeks before I can ship them to you.
This is the complete 40-page product manual for all of the RADIO WORKS' products prior to the introduction of the CAROLINA WINDOM® Compact and the OCFD MAX. Installation instruction addendum for all newer antennas are also listed in this link. There is antenna installation hints and grounding information. So, you'll want to download this manual. This is an Adobe PDF file and it may downloaded to your desktop and be printed, depending on how you have your PDF reader set up.
Trademark and Copyright information.
This link will take you to a list of all the Trademarks used by the RADIO WORKS.
All RADIO WORKS Trademarks, Registered Trademarks and Copyrights are owned by Jim Thompson, W4THU and may not be used without written permission. Use of this intellectual property is subject to legal action and recovery of monetary loss or reputation damage.
The RADIO WORKS or CAROLINA WINDOM® are not generic names.The link will take you to the true CAROLINA WINDOM® story.
The CAROLINA WINDOM® name, configuration, description, performance data, or any other reference is protected by a Registered Trademark and Copyrights owned by Jim Thompson, W4THU. Reference to the CAROLINA WINDOM® in any form, either commercially or personally, is not permitted. You may not use, in any form, the CAROLINA WINDOM® name, description, data or other technical or performance data without specific written permission.